Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

September 21, 2007

Ohn!

Ohn who I refer to as bong srey (older sister) is my part-time helper. She is a lady in her mid 30s and always shows up at my house with a smile on her face. She comes every morning Monday - Friday and keeps my house clean, does dishes, and two times a week she will cook for me. The only hard part is she does not speak much English, so I have to work really hard at speaking Khmi and explaining to her what I would like for her to do. So far it has been really positive and it is nice to have another presence around the house even when I am not there.

2 comments:

Bruce and Cheryl said...

Hi Julie! I finally figured out how to get on your blog and write you a note... Great to hear that you have a lady to come and help you and just be company there for you. I'm also so glad that Rachael is there. I can see by your blog page that it's warmer here at6:10 p.m. than it is there at 6:10 a.m. We were in the 80's today. Very nice but windy. I have a feeling this week may be the last of the "summer" weather. The leaves are starting to turn colors. So, tell us more...where do you worship? What is the music like? What do you eat?

We sang a new song at ROL today called "I Am Free" The people seemed to like it. They clapped as they sang and then clapped afterwards.

I just wanted you to know that we think of you often and are praying for you. Say hi to the Manfreds for us. Until later...

Love,
Cheryl W.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Julie. I finally got this address from your Mom so am excited to follow your ministry this way. Now I won't have to bug your Mom for updates. Glad that you have the house but not those cockroaches! Ugh!
I think of you often, the new culture, language school and the hot hot weather. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We all miss your smiling face. God bless!!
Love Barb E.+