Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

June 18, 2008

Sharing and Sugar Cookies

Today I was invited by one of our Vietnamese missionaries to help with a youth meeting by teaching them how to bake sugar cookies using a recipe in English. Since today is a holiday (no classes) I agreed. These youth speak both Vietnamese and Khmer and some of them speak a little English. First I shared my testimony and since I am still working on it in Khmer I shared in English and Kim translated into Vietnamese for them. When we baked cookies I got to use a lot more Khmer since most of them do not know English. It was somewhat a challege trying to give directions but most of the batches turned out good. I also was able to speak Khmer with a few girls over lunch. It was a nice day. This was the first time since I have been here that I was able to do this kind of ministry it was a joy.

No comments: