Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

November 23, 2008

Jackfruit

I have seen the fruit on trees and when it is whole, I have also seen the fruit when it is already out of its peel. Today I got the experience of helping to take the fruit from its peel.




You need to peel and discard the skin. Before cutting open the Jackfruit we had to coat the knife and cutting board with a cooking oil on account of the latex. Unripe Jackfruit especially exude a lot of sticky latex.
see the white that is the latex it is like taffy that sticks to everything.
I was really suprised how difficult it was to take the fruit out and
afterwards my hands were sticky even after washing for a long time.
the fruit if you find the pieces like the picture above pieces that are not
too slimy the fruit tastes good and kind of has a flavor of banana and pinneapple,
very different from DURIAN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just seeing the 'jack fruit' makes me hungry for it. We enjoyed it when we were in Irian Jaya now Papua. Yes, isn't it amazing how sticky it is. Enjoy some for me. Agnes Toenjes