Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

January 1, 2008

Christmas in Cambodia

Christmas in Cambodia is very different than in Minnesota. First of all the weather is very warm, then there are not a lot of decorations around town, also most of Cambodia treat the day like any other day. My mom and I decided to spend some time as tourists this Christmas. On Christmas day we went to Wat Phnom and to the Royal Palace - if you know anything about touring Cambodia it is the fact that there are many religious ties to the places to visit. There are Buddhist temples at both Wat Phnom and the Royal Palace and after Christmas we went to Siem Reap and saw the temples there including Angkor Wat. Well I believe that this is the Christmas that I have spent the most time in prayer. My prayer - that God would continue to deepen my love for the Cambodian people, that in all I do Christ would be seen in me, that the eyes and hearts of the Cambodian people would be open to the deception they have believed, for spiritual protection...May God continue to open my eyes to see what it is he desires of me and that I would also begin to see more my place here in Cambodia.

No comments: