Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

October 19, 2008

A Walk in Water

It rained early this morning before I left for church. When I arrived the church was flooded from the gate at the entrance and through the sanctuary. There is a portion of the building that was not flooded because it was on higher ground up some steps. In order to get into any part of the church we had to walk in the water. So I hiked up my pant legs and waded through the water which was up to mid calf - cold and dirty. We meet in the area above the water- a small room which soon became filled with people. I was suprised at the number of people that came because another missionary told me that if the church is flooded most of the people's houses are flooded as well.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You've been tagged. Go to my blog and find out what it means.
rowleysroar.blogpsot.com

Julie Toivola said...

I've been tagged

Sarah tagged me so I guess I now have to answer these questions with one word answers and then tag 7 other bloggers. I'll see if I can do it.
1. Where is your cell phone? table
2. Where is your significant other? unkown
3. Your hair color? Brown
4. Your mother? friend
5. Your father? precious
6. Your favorite thing? friends
7. Your dream last night? ?
8. Your dream/goal? intimacy
9. The room you’re in? livingroom
10. Your hobby? reading
11. Your fear? failure
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Cambodia
13. Where were you last night? home
14. What you’re not? pushy
15. One of your wish list items? visits
16. Where you grew up? Minnesota
17. The last thing you did? e-mailed
18. What are you wearing? capris
19. Your tv? noise
20. Your pet? no
21. Your computer? hp
22. Your mood? waves
23. Missing someone? family
24. Your car? Corolla
25. Something you’re not wearing? earings
26. Favorite store? sovanna
27. Your summer? summer?
28. Love someone? yes
29. Your favorite color? blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? yesterday
31. Last time you cried? yesterday