Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

October 5, 2008

Teaching Lesson 2

Yesterday I met with the girls at the dorm to discuss lesson two-it was about how sin entered the world. This week the girls suprised me because they actually had questions to ask me that they wanted to discuss. This I was excited about because when they ask questions I feel like we are actually discussing and learning. However, they asked questions that are difficult to answer even in English. Questions like: Why did God create Satan? Why did God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden of Eden? When did God create the angels?...Well I did my best to try and give them some answers and things to think about but again language can still be a barrier at times.
Also I am still learning how to pray in Khmer-I can pray short prayers like to open the meeting, but at the end of the meeting I asked if one of them would pray and no one wanted to so they told me I could pray in English for the requests that were mentioned.
Please pray that I would grow in ability to communicate and in my leadership skills as well.

No comments: