Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

August 14, 2007

Language Learning

I began my language study on Thursday with a tutor. She is a very nice lady. Since we have started I have learned the 33 Khmi consonants, can recognize them and write them and have learned over 100 vocab words. When I say I have learned over 100 vocab words this means that I have gone over them each about 5 times in my tutor session and have tried to study them outside of the class. Each day in my tutor session about 1/2 hour is spent on review and the other 1 1/2 hours is spent on new things. Please pray that I would be able to retain the things that I am learning and that I would be able to study as well. I still have the vowels to learn and there are 23 and many of them have 2 sounds that they make.

No comments: