Documentation of my happenings in Cambodia from my thoughts, to funny things, and what God is doing in my life I hope you enjoy reading...

Romans 10:14-15

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"

November 17, 2007

Toilet Trouble

This morning I realized the tank of the toilet in my upstairs bathroom was overflowing with water. The water just kept running and no matter what I tried nothing worked. I could not locate the shut off valve. There are a few things I can be thankful for when it comes to bathrooms in Cambodia. My bathrooms are not the same level as the floors, upstairs I have to step up from the sitting room and then down into my bathroom also it has a floor drain. This make the overflowing of a toilet less of a problem. I called a missionary friend to come over and help me with this proble. He figured I would need a new set of pieces for inside the tank so in the mean time we would turn off the water to that bathroom however we could not find a valve. This problem is one for the landlords. I called them and they came over immediately. Now I know that the valve for the water (the whole house mind you) is located right outside my front door under a huge cement block. They brought a plumber over and he took a look and realized he need to replace the parts in the tank. They went to purchase the parts. When they returned 20 minutes later they had no parts. They said they would come back at 5pm. Which they did and a hour later I have a working toilet. So I basically went all day without running water in my house. But praise God for landlords who are on top of things and for the type of bathroom I have even though things took longer than I would have really liked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie--

You have a "giving opportunity" for a vehicle for yourself cited in the left-hand column of your blog, yet there is no "click-through' to how one could contribute directly to your need. Might you take a few lines in one of your upcoming blog daily comments to explain whether there is a separate place to do this, or provide a direct deposit address (at your Phnom Penh bank perhaps) or other means to get funds to you. Or, is the CM fund to be used for all donations with a designation on the gift of its target destination. Thank you for any clarification you could provide.